Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 1- Introduction


Hi!
My name is Laura Raymond. I am a super senior and looking forward to graduating in May. I am a Sociology major and an undeclared Art minor. I'm currently not involved on campus at all because when I'm not at school I'm working my terrible part-time job at a tourist trap. I used to be part of Campus Ministry, Improv Club, Service club, and for one year I was on SAB.

My future plans include working in the social services field with people who have disabilities. I would also love to direct and create retreats (the non-religious type), maybe I could even create a program for high functioning adults and teens with intellectual disabilities. That would be fantastic. I have done more retreats than I can count on my fingers and toes since High School, and I had the opportunity to create and direct the Senior Retreat last Spring. In the nearer future, I am applying to a volunteer Abroad program and hope to be in the UK this Fall! 

I'm in this class because I enjoy digital art, and art in general. Communicating with art is an interesting concept and it makes sense to me. I hope to learn new skills and to create images that are MCA worthy. This is my third class with Professor Peck, I hope it's as exciting as the other two!

No comments:

Post a Comment