Monday, January 23, 2012

week 3- 10 fire photos

Craft:
I used my GE A1255 12.2 mp camera. For some images, such as the first on the top left, I zoomed in. Several of these images were just point and shoot. I intermittently used flash when it was appropriate. All of these are items that I found in my home, at school, or in public locations. The photos that feature a flame (1, 2, 7, and 10 from the left) I purposefully lit for the project. The candle was lit using the BBQ lighter. I assembled the hard candies in this specific pile, with those colors chosen from a bowl.

Concept:
The concept of the project was to capture things associated with fire! Inspirations for me included color. I think of reds often, probably associated with most emergency equipment and firetrucks. There are at least 5 out of 10 items here that include the color red. Red itself can say a lot. It says anger, emergency, intensity, pay attention! This is how I came up with using the pile of hard candies to represent flame. The actual fires are literal interpretations of the project. It's interesting that different sources of fire make a different kind of fire. The gas stove has a very blue tint to it, the lines are all drawing the eye right to it's pure white center. The candle has an ethereal feel to it, there's nothing angry about it. Fire can be calm! and of course, fire can have a purpose. We can use it to be warm, to cook food, or to boil liquids. The many functionalities of fire is something I am trying to capture.

Composition:
The objects are framed in the photos to be the center of attention. The eye is supposed to be drawn to the object, not to the background. I left some lead room for the objects, choosing not to have an extremely tight frame. These ten photos were chosen of the 20ish that I actually took. They are in no specific order in regards to how much I like the photo or how effective the photo is.

No comments:

Post a Comment