Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 6- photo shoot

Inspired by: http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/198194-/poster-super-620x.jpg




This is chosen as the best photo, mostly because the pose is most like the attributes that I need to make a similar movie poster.

Craft: Not Photo Not Blurry
This photo is very in focus. There were one or two that I had experimented with having the camera closer and zoomed in, but some of those did not have the crispness that I was looking for. My model is pretty well framed for a bust shot (the extra head room will not effect the outcome of the final piece). I used a green background because she is wearing a white shirt and black bandanna. She looks sort of blank which is completely on purpose. I did not explicitly need props, though I will be making a few to scan most likely.

Concept: Communication of poster information
The poster is going to be a remake of the movie Super's poster. Rainn Wilson is looking ahead, with his right eye slightly looking right. his lips are closed, not smiling or frowning. His eyebrows are down indicating he is a little flustered, maybe worried or sad. I think her face is very similar to this. The lighting is pretty direct, just a bit of shadow on the right left side. Her pose is just sitting in a chair facing the camera. Her face IS the prop.

Composition: Accurate Reproduction
The only two things that could have made this more accurate would be if my model was male and if he had blue eyes. Lucky the composition of the intended piece is distorted enough that a girl as model won't matter and I'm very capable of turning her eyes blue. In the actual photo, it's a strong bust shot, well centered and there is plenty of head and lead room. There isn't a lot of Boise either. She is looking with her eyes correctly and her mouth is blank as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment